These crispy-at-the-edges, moist-and-chewy-in-the-center cookies are a staple in our cookie jar and a snap to make.
Oatmeal Chocolate Coconut Cookies
Adapted from Quaker Oats
Yield: about two dozen cookies
1 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 c. brown sugar
½ c. sugar
2 t. vanilla extract
1 ½ c. all purpose flour (I prefer King Arthur.)
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
3 c. old fashioned oats
1 ½ c. chocolate chips
1 ½ c. flaked coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the baking soda, salt, and flour and mix only until combined. Do not overmix.
- Add the oats and mix briefly.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut and mix briefly. Do not overmix.
- Scoop out cookies of about 2 T. each onto ungreased cookies sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown at the edges. Do not overbake.